Saturday 1 April 2017

Born to do Math 25 – LSD for 4 Times (Part 1)

In-Sight Publishing
Born to do Math 25 - LSD for 4 Times (Part 1)
Scott Douglas Jacobsen & Rick Rosner
April 1, 2017

[Beginning of recorded material]

Rick Rosner: You’re scrambling to keep your shit together. One time, I took LSD. I took it 4 times. One time was because I was dating a girl who wanted to take it. Remember, at this point, I was 20. So I was really stupid at this point. I was into speed reading. I thought, “If I took LSD and hid in the library overnight”— I’m not saying this isn’t the stupidest thing in the world.

Scott Douglas Jacobsen: Can I add a preface for you, for anyone reading this now or into the far future?

RR: Okay.

SDJ: There’s recent research to show young women’s brains are ready to go, fully developed, at age 22 on average. For men, it takes until age 30. That can be delayed – or never even reached – with substance use or other things. In general, age 30 is when you can expect or predict fully intelligent – socially, emotionally – integrated thoughts and behaviour from men. I am taking that into account when you’re saying, “I was 20.”

RR: Plus, I’m dumber than a lot of 20-year-olds because I was nerdy. It helps if you’re a cool guy in junior high and high school. It helps your emotional development. Say you are part of a sports team, which seems to be a way people are socially acclimated, but I was too geeky for sports. I didn’t get any of that stuff. So I was probably extra immature for 20. Anyway, I thought that if I took LSD, hid in the library overnight.


Somehow, I would blow open my ability to absorb information and be able to absorb a large chunk of the information in the library. 

[End of recorded material]

Authors[1]
the-rick-g-rosner-interview
Rick Rosner
American Television Writer
RickRosner@Hotmail.Com
Rick Rosner
scott-jacobsen
Scott Douglas Jacobsen
Editor-in-Chief, In-Sight Publishing
Scott.D.Jacobsen@Gmail.Com
In-Sight Publishing
Endnotes
[1] Four format points for the session article:
  1. Bold text following “Scott Douglas Jacobsen:” or “Jacobsen:” is Scott Douglas Jacobsen & non-bold text following “Rick Rosner:” or “Rosner:” is Rick Rosner.
  2. Session article conducted, transcribed, edited, formatted, and published by Scott.
  3. Footnotes & in-text citations in the interview & references after the interview.
  4. This session article has been edited for clarity and readability.
For further information on the formatting guidelines incorporated into this document, please see the following documents:
  1. American Psychological Association. (2010). Citation Guide: APA. Retrieved from http://www.lib.sfu.ca/system/files/28281/APA6CitationGuideSFUv3.pdf.
  2. Humble, A. (n.d.). Guide to Transcribing. Retrieved from http://www.msvu.ca/site/media/msvu/Transcription%20Guide.pdf.
License and Copyright
License
In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal by Scott Douglas Jacobsen is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at www.in-sightjournal.com and www.rickrosner.org.
Copyright
© Scott Douglas Jacobsen, Rick Rosner, and In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal 2012-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Scott Douglas Jacobsen, Rick Rosner, and In-Sight Publishing and In-Sight: Independent Interview-Based Journal with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

No comments:

Post a Comment